|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
- 31/08/2005 - Event Logger 0.1 available
- 22/08/2005 - Third pre-release XPI available
- 18/08/2005 - Second pre-release XPI available
- 30/07/2005 - First pre-release XPI available
- 15/07/2005 - Event Logger project launched on MozDev
About Event Logger
The Event Logger project aims to create an advanced macro and testcase system for Firefox, mainly tailored towards the testing and QA community. Event Logger will record user events within Mozilla Firefox to assist in producing and replaying a set of reproducable steps for triggering a bug.
The main benefits to the Mozilla Firefox community will be:
- Helping testers to identify the minimum steps required to reproduce a bug and verify it quickly without mistakes (caused by misinterpretation).
- Allowing for faster regression testing.
Install Event Logger
In both cases, you'll need Deer Park Alpha 2 or Firefox 1.5b or higher.
What's in the current version?
Current features include:
- UI available from Tools > Event Logger
- Start and stop the logging process
- Clear the current log
- Human-readable text descriptions of user-actions
- Log loading/saving (as XML)
- Copy to clipboard (as plain text)
- Export (as plain text)
- Basic log comparison (this is not fully implemented)
Playback is currently a work in progress. If you're interested in helping with development, please contact me via the mailing list. Flip the hidden pref
eventlogger.playbackEnabled to true if you want to check out the UI / debug.